Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summer Time Outfit Inspiration

We all need some outfit inspiration! 

      I love when I find a good sale! When I say sale I don't mean, it still costs $45. I mean dirt cheap, anyone could buy it, even broke ol' me! Being my bargain hunter self I managed to find this cream/white colored skirt for $10. However,its been sitting in the closet for a long time and didn't know what to wear with it. I felt that since it was a more swish-y flow kind of bottom it needed a bit of a tighter top. Also, I was having trouble deciding what color would look right with it.  


 


Today, I decided it was going to be worn! First, I decided that since it is such a neutral color I would want something with more of a pop. I found a wine red color spaghetti strap(the photo doesn't do it justice!) 

I am not one for my bra straps showing so I decided I wanted something to hide them. I went with this black crochet over thing. I wanted a neutral color to work with that red. 

These three pieces are not something I would usually throw together. Usually I am too matchy-matchy but today it had to stop. 


I am a sucker for girly things. Love the lace!





This ended up being my color palette. 





Lately,Iv been talking about trying to bring new life into clothes by using accessories. I am bad about just buying a new item of clothing to make a stand out outfit. 




Since the top I wore was a scoop neck I wanted to stay with a necklace that mimicked that shape. (Necklace how-to blog soon??)  It doesn't seem that way on the mannequin but when worn, that particular piece stays rounded. Also, it supported the simpleness that I wanted.   







I think several styles of shoes could be worn with this particular look. The black flats have a little sparkle and a bow that makes them girly just like the skirt. Another shoe that would work is a shoe that matches, or is within a few shades, of the colored top. Black strappy sandals or heels would do too. Oh, the possibilities are endless on foot accessories.


So here is the finished look!
 It looks fine with the cardigan open....




and closed. 
It always good to have options!







Would you wear it the same way?


Ani<3

No comments:

Post a Comment