Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Running late? Time save tips.

  I hate when I am going to work, classes, or even an event that requires me to be there on time but I am running late. What do you do when you are running late? I decided to find some of the best tips that will get you ready fast but still seem like you took time on yourself.

Don't be this girl! You will ruin your shoes!

    Lets talk hair. How many mornings do you start off your day with amazing perfect hair? Not many?
Know your simple updos. A really cute updo that looks great on anyone is the top knot. They usually only take a few minuets to throw up too. For days you are running late I suggest that you go for a messy casual bun so later if a few pieces fall out it is only adding to your look.

So messy but so pretty.

   Another good go to style is a simple pony.  These can be great time savers but have variations on how to wear them.They look great high or low. Messy ponys look great for casual days and smooth ponys for more serious days. A little volume to any up do at the crown or bang never hurts!

High on the head and high on volume.

   Want to add a little extra something to your hair when its up? Take a small section of hair from the bottom and wrap it around the elastic, pin it back underneath and done. I get complements every time I do this.

Low pony with a simple wrap.

    Don't know how to do these styles? Check on youtube.com for tons of videos on how to do these and many other styles.


 Next lets talk makeup. When you are running late you might not have time to do your full makeup routine. When you cant know which products you use make you feel the best and limit your self to 2-3 of those. A look I really usually fall back on when I am in a hurry is a simple eye and light lip. Just coat with a few sweeps of mascara or eyeliner and bit of lipstick. Its quick and everyone has pretty lips so pull attention to them!
If you aren't used to lipstick start with more neutral colors so that you feel confident. Confidence is what makes you stand out. Also make sure to start with lip balm! 

Simple eyes light pink lip.

    Another good thing to try is a powder or cream blush. Pop it onto the apples of the cheeks for a clean look.

Clean and simple blush.

   Last we need to talk about clothes. Usually when I am running late its because I am lazy and had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. Days like these I suggest wearing something comfortable and simple. Nothing worse than being tired and messing with your outfit.Know where those outfits and pieces are that make you feel the most comfortable.

Fashionable and comfy.


Simple every day of the week pieces.


    This is my biggest piece of advice. Choose your outfits a week ahead of time! Do it every weekend. It may sound time consuming but compare that to all of the time you will waste trying things on in the morning. I have been doing this a long time. I already know what I am gonna wear and I know it is something I am gonna feel good in. I also don't have to get up that much earlier to try and plan an outfit. That has saved me so much time when I am running late because I just throw on what I planned and out the door I go. After a while you kinda look forward to planning your outfits and its not a hassle. If you really feel like this wont be for you then just lay them out every night before you go to  sleep. Think about it, could you use the extra 15minuets of sleep in the morning?!


Simple class outfits.

Work Casual

     Some week planners such as myself take it to the next level and have photos of all their clothing and make a photo planner. Personally, that would be too much for me so I lay them out in a closet organizer.
Hopefully these tips will help you get ready when you are pinched for time.
Ani<3

No comments:

Post a Comment